Doylestown Real Estate
Welcome to Doylestown
Doylestown Borough is one of our Newtopias. It’s the largest of our Newtopias and also The County Seat for Bucks County. Originally settled in 1745 when William Doyle built a tavern on the corner of Main and State Street. Now let’s face it, any town that grew from a pub is bound to be cool and this one certainly owns that title.
In this Newtopia you can find anything from brand new homes to gorgeous Victorians, stone colonials, arts and crafts and just about everything in between. Home to 9,000 residents who are proud of all this town has to offer, including two famous museums, The Mercer Museum and The James Michener Art Museum.
The commercial district boasts some fabulous boutiques, specialty stores, a cool movie theater and all kinds of restaurants and pubs. You really are spoiled for choice here. A much larger business area than the other Newtopias, since it is the County Seat.
Doylestown Borough is the hub, surrounded by Doylestown Township, Buckingham Township and Plumstead Township etc. Between them they offer all kinds of fun things for the whole family, great playgrounds, swim clubs, health clubs, spas and of course the parks – Galena – Central – Peace Valley etc.
If you choose to live in or around this Newtopia, the kids will go to the award winning Central Bucks School district or you can choose from a wide array of private schools.
Things to Do in Doylestown, PA
Doylestown offers a variety of activities and attractions for visitors and residents. Here are some popular things to do in Doylestown:
- Visit theMercer Museum, a unique six-story museum that houses a vast collection of tools, artifacts, and Americana.
- ExploreFonthill Castle, a stunning concrete castle built by renowned tile maker Henry Chapman Mercer.
- Discover art at theMichener Art Museum, which showcases American art, including the works of Pennsylvania Impressionists.
- Stroll through the historic district with charming shops, boutiques, and restaurants.
- Enjoy nature atPeace Valley featuring a scenic lake, walking trails, and opportunities for boating and bird-watching.
Doylestown offers a vibrant culinary scene with numerous local restaurants. Here are a few popular options:
- Honey-Creative American small plates may include tea-glazed spare ribs at this intimate bistro.
- The Hattery Stove and Still -Revived historic inn with antique-industrial decor & American tavern fare, plus cocktails.
- Maxwell's On Main - A cozy restaurant and bar offering a diverse menu of American comfort food and craft beer.
- Genevieve's Kitchen - A farm-to-table eatery serving fresh and seasonal dishes with a focus on local ingredients.
- Ooka Japanese Restaurant - Offers a wide range of Japanese cuisine, including sushi, sashimi, and hibachi.
- The Doylestown Brewing Company - A local brewery and pub with a selection of craft beers and pub-style food.
Living in Doylestown, PA
Living in Doylestown offers a blend of history, culture, and community. Here are some key aspects of living in Doylestown:
- A charming and walkable downtown area with unique shops, art galleries, and cultural institutions.
- Access to quality education through theCentral Bucks School District, which serves the area.
- A range of housing options, including historic homes, newer homes and suburban neighborhoods.
- Proximity to Philadelphia and New York City, with convenient access to major highways and public transportation.
- A strong sense of community with numerous events, festivals, and a lively arts and music scene.
Doylestown Listings Summary
Doylestown - Town vs. County Stats
Avg Price in Doylestown: $1,202,500 / County Avg $1,030,800
Avg Taxes in Doylestown: $7,600 / County Avg $7,600
Avg Sq. Ft. in Doylestown: 3,257 / County Avg 2,932
Avg Price per/sqft in Doylestown:$369 / County Avg $352
Avg Walkscore in Doylestown: 39 / County Avg 38
Avg Year Built in Doylestown: 1966 / County Avg 1963
Avg Days on Website in Doylestown: 163 / County Avg 123
Doylestown Real Estate Market Health
|Areas in Doylestown PA
|New Britain Boro
|New Britain Twp